Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:28:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  FlyQuiet
|-+  Soaring Subjects
| |-+  Radio Gear, Batteries and Electronics (Moderator: Mikehlg)
| | |-+  Programming Multiplex Cockpit SX for DLG flight phases.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Programming Multiplex Cockpit SX for DLG flight phases.  (Read 2325 times)
ShaneS

View Profile Email
« on: March 02, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »

Hello,
Got my first DLG flying this weekend, but I haven't sorted the programming with flight phases.

For the 4 wing servos, I thought I could programme in a different CENTRE servo position for each flight phase, but the transmitter does not allow you to do this.

Is it that you use FIX_FLAP? i.e.
- set a flap position for each of the three flight phases
- mix in a bit of aileron down with flap down
- then turn on the "FIX" switch on the transmitter?

Sorry in advance if this is old hat question.
thanks
Shane
richard
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 04:40:40 PM »

For the 4 wing servos, I thought I could programme in a different CENTRE servo position for each flight phase, but the transmitter does not allow you to do this.

Use offsets (OFS AI and OFS F)  rather than servo centre to get your neutral flap point, then use fix F  for setting flap prefixes for each flightmode (make sure you have flightmodes turned on)  Smiley

If I remember correctly, the Mimic is a 4-servo wing. It means that the setup is a little trickier than with a 2-servo wing.. but the sx can do it

Dont confuse this with the FIX switch on the transmitter.... the FIX switch is what you will use for launch prefix... if it is activated, then the values set in Fix R, Fix E and fix A are applied to those surfaces which the momentary "fix" switch is pressed.

The sx manual is very complete... but you have to read it over and over before things become clear. If you go through the "GLider" model type setup instructions step by step it actually tells you everything you need to know. The trickiest bit I find is getting the offsets and throws set up.

Where are you based?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 04:47:56 PM by richard » Logged

Richard
---------

Forum Admin
ShaneS

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 05:32:21 PM »

Hi Richard
Thanks for this. The manual is generally very good, apart from the flight phases (I think).

Am based in cambridge. Very flat! Hence DLG!

Cheers
Shane
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length